Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm burned out......

I am snapping at everyone.  While I was just typing this I yelled at my daughter to "Please give me two seconds to myself!" or something like that ( I think what I actually said was a lot meaner...but at least I said please?)  I think I yelled at everyone before school today, even the baby.  I had to call my husband and apologize to him at work for being a beast...wow, I am a real treat to be around right now.

I had friends over for coffee this morning and they all unanimously agreed that I need to have some sort of mental health day soon......I concur.  I think this is important for several reasons:

1. I need to clear my head and appreciate what I have.

2. I need to stop going to bed feeling guilty every night because I was a bad mother that day.

3. I need to rejuvenate my body - my physical health is deteriorating right now as I am not taking care of myself which then trickles down to my family and pretty soon we are all eating Elios and Pop Tarts for dinner.

4. I need to keep the friends I have.  I love the different groups of moms that I hang out with.  Right now, I think I would actually "break up with me" if I was my friend.  I had one of my friends actually put her hand on my shoulder today and ask me if everything was alright and then she calmly suggested that I sit down because I was making everyone nervous.

Being a mom is tough, in my opinion, being a stay at home mom is just as difficult as having a job in corporate America - I've done both so I feel like I have the right to say that.  

So now that I have blog-vented (saves my mom from yet another phone call), I think I'll apologize to my kids (again) and go take some deep breaths (again) and enjoy a glass of wine before 5 o'clock (yep, again....)

1 comment:

SimplyBillie said...

((HUGS)) I think we all have those days. I had a major one a couple of weeks ago. Take some time for yourself... with good friends or just some alone time. =)