Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Other uses for a bathing suit.....

Do you ever take a good look around and realize that you have no clean laundry...?

Well, maybe this has never happened to YOU (or you don't want to admit it)...but it happens here a lot! We live out of laundry baskets that are lined around our room like soldiers at Buckingham Palace - they don't move, they just get tossed around on a daily basis and more is added to them when ever I get around to it.

This week I found myself running out the door for school drop off with a bikini bottom on under my jeans...whenever I do things like this I pretend that it is extremely embarrassing, especially if someone figures it out...but I usually come clean, I have no poker face and I usually share just a little too much with everyone around me. Now, on this day, no one in the whole town knew (or cared) that I was wearing bathing suit bottoms. As usual, I felt it was my duty to let everyone know who I came in contact with on that day that I was in fact a mom in desperate need of some sort of an "Alice". Those damn Bradys, they didn't even realize how good they had it; their laundry was always clean, they had dinner on the table promptly at 5:00 p.m....who even lives like that in real life?

I have to admit that the bathing suit wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I kept it on for the whole day even as I proudly completed one whole load of wash through the ENTIRE cycle. So, there is hope for moms out there who seem to have no undergarments clean on a particular day, just reach into the bathing suit drawer and pull out an old bikini = problem solved! I rarely even wear a bathing suit anymore, I prefer, after three kids, to tying a black Hefty bag around my body and sunning myself in that......I have to admit I am a bit jealous of those Ranch of Zion ladies - they get to SWIM in those dresses! I wonder if they have a website...........

No comments: