Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm June Freakin' Cleaver......

....well, today anyway.

I am so proud of myself.....my better half went back to work today after 6 weeks of being home and basically being my manny, my handyman, my grocery delivery boy, my runner to Costco, my personal chef, my school bus & my ATM.....but now, all the balls are back in my court...all 3 kids are mine, I am the soccer mom that I was meant to be - I have reclaimed the title after a 6 week sabbatical!

So, I decided to try and get organized last night in preparation for the big change (well, not "the change" but you know what I mean)...OK, fine, I can't claim FULL responsibility for getting my stuff together, my therapist suggested it - so there - I am being totally honest with the hundreds of people who follow my blog~!

Today, I am less Peggy Bundy and so much more June Cleaver (note to self: I need to get an apron) - we would have been on time for school if my daughter wouldn't have held the covers over her head and screamed that she "already knew everything that they teach you in school!" and if we didn't have the last minute poop that our little friend always seems to produce when we are late leaving the house....well, you see where I am going with this.  My point is, that if I can get organized and have clothes laid out and lunches made the night before, so can pretty much anyone!  I am the last person that you would expect to have these things done more than 10 minutes before they are needed - seriously, my organizational skills have really suffered since baby #1 came along 6+ years ago......

So, lists really do help (Yay - I can finally justify my subscription to REAL SIMPLE!) and getting everything ready the night before does have its perks (Thanks Mom).  Day #1 is halfway over and I think I made this transition better than I thought I would!

Now, I'll give myself a little pat on the back and finally go and scrape the gum off my rug that no one in this house seems to know ANYTHING about......

No comments: