Thursday, March 19, 2009

And the award goes to.......

.....not me

I am not winning any awards today.  Not for "Mother of the Year" or "Most Patient Mother" or "The Mother Who Yells the Least".  I probably won't win them tomorrow either....

I guess I am having a rough week.  Things are not flowing.  My 15 month old has been clinging to my leg like some sort of baby Marsupial.  My middle son has a video game addiction.  My oldest daughter - well, let's just say that everything her teacher told me in her conference, can be directly correlated to something my husband and I aren't do correctly (how's that for mom guilt?)

Why do some weeks suck so bad?  Pardon my French, but I feel like going to bed and not getting up for the next two days.  Make that three....

I just took away an after school "sundae party" from my kids because they were kicking & slapping each other in the car.  Picture me driving down the road in my minivan with three screaming kids inside - two kicking each other and one just plain screeching.  

I was so excited for sundaes today - I really needed one - my thighs & butt didn't need one, but my brain did......now what am I going to do?  Go back on my word?  Or let the kids do a little housework to "earn" it back?

Hmmmmm....I think I'll get out the feather duster and the Swiffer and get these kids to work, it's almost dinner time.......


1 comment:

SimplyBillie said...

LOL! Did you get your sundae? We were supposed to go ant-hunting yesterday (crazy BIL bought them an ant farm), but do to a similiar situation in our vehicle - it was cancelled. I'm not complaining, though. Hehe. Ants can wait.