Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I have finally found another use for Goldfish......

.....the ones you eat, not the ones that you bring home for your kids, thinking it will be a wonderful addition to the family and then months later you are staring into a dirty bowl looking for the damn thing....

I was so happy this morning, my two oldest children were at school and my husband was out and the baby was quietly entertaining himself with his toys...I thought it was the perfect time to get some blogging done.

It is rarely quiet in this house, people who are frequent visitors here will tell you that it is a loud house usually full of chaos and most likely a big mess....but today was different, it was peaceful (for about 8 minutes) and things were almost a little Zen. I decided to see why in fact the baby was so quiet when I realized that he had been dumping Goldfish all morning in the corner of the room and stomping on them and then kicking all the pieces around the room. I thought this was really cute (he was entertained & happily giggling!) until I told a friend the great news and she said "You know you are going to get mice now, don't you?" Crap! We live in the freakin' woods - of course we are going to get mice!

So much for entertaining your kid with crushed up food! Another great idea down the toilet....I guess I should sit on the floor now and do flashcards with him or something.....

No comments: