Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Is there a "restart" button somewhere....?

....If you know where I can find this button, please let me know....

I have a very embarrassing thing to admit but I thought if I wrote it here then it would be something that I could avoid no longer and I would be forced to tackle this problem......

I just sorted my laundry (luckily it's in the basement) and I have close to 18 loads....I am not exaggerating, I am not attempting to be dramatic, it's a just a simple fact - I have 18 loads of freakin' laundry to do.  I figured out that if I try and conquer two full loads a day it will take me over a week to get this all done.  But, wait - I have to add in the one load a day that my family generates - my daughter changes her clothes about three times a day, my middle son still has some sort of "accident" and I have a toddler that loves to stomp in muddy puddles and is generally ignored when he has a full diaper (hey - he's #3 - it happens.....), my husband wears a "work" outfit and a "relaxing, hand down the pants, drink a beer, while watching TV" outfit, and I think I am the only one who wears something more than once.  Oh yeah, then there's the dog......

So, that all factored in, I will probably not catch up until about a month from now.......  Who finds themselves in this predicament besides me?  I'm sure most people stay on top of their laundry and have only a load a day or have some sort of really organized  "Laundry Wednesdays" or something queer like that....

Well, now it's official, I have "come out of the closet" with dirty laundry in hand and I am going to overcome this.  I know you are all dying to know what the outcome is so I'll keep you posted..... Then maybe I'll start working on having food in the pantry and fridge so my family has something to eat once in a while, I don't want to push myself too hard though, one thing at a time...........

No comments: